Eastern Washington University
The EWU Children's Center:
- Offers an educational, child-centered program to the children of EWU students, faculty and staff. Approximately 85 percent of enrollment represents student families.
- Located on campus in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Managed through a contract between EWU and the YMCA of the Inland Northwest, and is state licensed to serve 194 children.
- Serves children ranging from 6 weeks to 10 years of age.
- Provides full-time and part-time care, including after-school care.
- Funded through direct payments from parents and underwritten with Services and Activities fees.
- Includes a state-funded, four-year-old classroom - ECEAP, to include education, health and nutrition, parent involvement and faculty support.
- Requires that lead classroom teacher credentials include an Early Childhood Education degree or experience as well as (STARS) State Training And Registry System certification.
Please contact the front desk of the EWU Children's Center for further information: 509-359-2025.