firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for all incoming first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and ALL former Running Start Students) who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2016. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Are you a Transfer student coming to EWU with more than 40 university/college credits? Please visit out Transfer Session webpage.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
Family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
Summer 2016 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates (all Fridays) for first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional) with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and ALL former Running Start Students:
June 17 CLOSED
Sign up for EWU's firstSTEP Orientation will be by invitation only.
To receive an invitation you must first complete the following:
Confirm your intent to enroll. If you have not done so, please visit the Admitted Students webpage and follow their directions.
Setup your NetID and Password and SAVE. To do so, you will need your EWUID. To begin go to accounts.ewu.edu.
- Set up your student Eagles e-mail. To receive an invitation and successfully sign up for a firstSTEP Orientation Session, you will have to enter your student e-mail. To setup your student e-mail Click here to begin. ATTENTION: SAVE your new email address and password. You will have to login to your student e-mail account at least once for it to be activated. To login now go to http://mail.eagles.ewu.edu.
- Your invitation to firstSTEP will be sent to your email. NOTE: Please allow 2-4 days for the invitation after completing the steps above. Some e-mail systems send our emails to the Junk folders so please check your "junk" folders for your invitation.
Once you successfully sign up for firstSTEP you will receive a confirmation e-mail with details and your Pre-Orientation Homework that requires your action that is time sensitive.
If you will have family members or guests attend they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket three (3) days before attending firstSTEP. Lunch purchase link is coming soon. NOTE: Students who have successfully registered for orientation session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.