Skip to content
AbstractSummer firstSTEP Orientation
EWU Access Home
New Student Transitions & Parent Programs
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for incoming first year students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2016. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
Summer 2016 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates will be anounced March 1 and registration will begin on April 1, 2016.
Office of New Student Transitions and Parent Programs
322 Pence Union Building (PUB)
Cheney, WA 99004
View the original version of this page.