firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for incoming first year students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2015. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Transfer students with 40 or MORE university/college credits will attend our Transfer Express Orientation (TEO) September 21, 2015. Visit our TEO website for more information and registration directions.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
Summer 2015 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates
For EWU first year students (Freshman, Transfer, non-traditional) with zero or FEWER than 40 university/college credits and ALL Running Start students:
- June 19 SESSION CLOSED
- June 26 SESSION CLOSED
- July 10 SESSION CLOSED
- July 17 SESSION CLOSED
- July 24 SESSION CLOSED
- July 31 SESSION CLOSED
- August 7
- August 14
firstSTEP Registration Directions:
If you have not done so, please visit the Admitted Students webpage (see step 1) to confirm your intent to enroll.
Setup your NetID and Password and SAVE. To do so, you will need your EWUID. To begin Click Here.
- To successfully register for a firstSTEP Orientation Session, you will have to enter your student e-mail. To setup your student e-mail Click here to begin.
- ATTENTION: SAVE your new email address and password. You will have to login to your student e-mail account at least once for it to be activated. To login now go to http://mail.eagles.ewu.edu
- To begin your firstSTEP Orientation Session registration please FIRST read the directions below: then Click Here to go to the firstSTEP Registration Form.
- Once you click on the registration form link you will be taken to OrgSync. Once in OrgSync click on search community and search for Eastern Washington University as your community.
- Click on sign in with your EWU NetID (usually at the top right hand corner). You will be taken to the EWU Single Sign-On page and enter your NetID (see #2 above) and password.
- Once signed in click on Begin Form.
If you will have family members or guests attend they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket HERE three (3) days before attending firstSTEP.
- NOTE: Students who have successfully registered for orientation session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
- Live-on Requirement: If you are a new first year student and have not applied for on-campus housing, please do so by visiting: www.ewu.edu/housing. If you are planning to live at home with your parents or would like to request an exception to the housing live-on requirement please visit the EWU housing requirement page.
If you have any questions or would like to make changes to your registration please call us at 509.359.6843.
Student Sample Schedule Note: firstSTEP will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participating students MUST check in bewtween 7am and 8am.
Family/Guest Sample Schedule
Driving and Parking Directions
Cheney Campus Map