firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for incoming students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2015. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies; and
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus.
Parents attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus.
Summer 2015 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates
NOTE: firstSTEP Orientation and Transfer Express Orientation registration opens at Noon on Monday, March 30, 2015
For EWU first year students (Freshman, Transfer, non-traditional) with zero or FEWER than 40 university/college credits and ALL Running Start students:
- June 19
- June 26
- July 10
- July 17
- July 24
- July 31
- August 7
- August 14
Transfer students with 40 or MORE university/college credits will attend our Transfer Express Orientation September 21, 2015. Meanwhile, please contact the office of New Student Transitions and Parent Programs 509.359.6843 to connect you with your academic advisor to schedule an appointment for your fall advising and registration.
Please feel free to contact our New Student Transitions and Parent Programs office 509.359.6843 for any questions.