Skip to content

Connect with your Academic Advisor



Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Access Home
  • Academic Advising
  • Resources
  • Connect with your Academic Advisor
  • Main Content

    What is an academic advisor?

    Your academic or departmental advisor is your resource for all things academic at EWU. Your advisor will help you with navigating registration, choosing a major, planning classes towards graduation, and many other things.

    Advisors can often-times also answer questions about financial, health and housing concerns, or direct you to the department that can best answer your question. You will work with your academic or departmental advisor typically your first two years at EWU. Advisors are located in many offices across campus, though most students meet with an advisor in General Undergraduate Academic Advising (GUAA).

    How can my academic advisor help me?

    Your academic advisor can assist you with:

    How do I contact my academic advisor if I have a question?

    *Check out the list of advisors across campus to find your advisor's contact information.* 

    Call or email your advisor: Call or email your academic advisor with questions or concerns. If more time is needed, your advisor may have you schedule an advising appointment.

    Schedule an advising appointment: Most advisors across campus see students on an appointment basis. Call or email your advisor to schedule an advising appointment. It is a good idea to schedule an appointment to meet with your academic advisor at least once each quarter, especially if you are struggling or having difficulties in a class. All students with fewer than 45 earned college credits are required to meet with their academic or departmental advisor at least once each quarter prior to registration.

    When can I meet with my academic advisor?

    You can schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor any available time during his or her regular office hours. Most offices on-campus operate Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm. Appointments are generally 50 minutes long.

    List of Academic and Departmental advisors

    Declared students:

    Declared students should meet with a faculty advisor in their major department. Visit the department website for contact information.

    Don't know who your academic or departmental advisor is?

    Log-in to MyEWU, go to:

    1. Student 
    2. Your Advisor is listed in the "Academic Profile" box (in the left-hand column).

    Contact Information

    General Undergraduate Academic Advising (GUAA)
    103 Sutton Hall (1st floor)
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2345
    fax: 509.359.6405

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the original version of this page.