How to Avoid a Ticket
We hope this information helps you learn the campus parking system in order to avoid infractions and other frustrations. To be completely informed of campus parking rules, we encourage you to review the other pages on our web site. The best way to avoid costly frustration is to learn the rules and read the signs.
- Park your vehicle only in spaces specifically marked for parking. The absence of a "No Parking" sign in a certain area does not mean that parking is allowed there.
- Permits must be displayed properly on the vehicle. Hanging permits must be displayed on the rear view mirror.
- All lots have signs indicating the type of permits allowed. Restrictions are in effect weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Although, some areas are enforced 24 hours, like the meters in the URC. It is very important to read and understand the signs and regulations.
- If you park illegally and do not find a ticket on your car,do not assume that you were not ticketed or that it was okay for you to park there. You are responsible for any tickets to your permit or vehicle. You may call our office to find out if you were issued a ticket.
- Hanging permits can be transferred to whatever vehicle the permit holder is parking on campus, if it is registered with parking services.
- Tickets are billed first to the permit holder, i.e. the student, or to the vehicle's registered owner if no permit is displayed. Permit holders are responsible for all tickets issued to their permit, regardless of vehicle ownership.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus and you are unable to move it, contact Parking Services immediately at 359-7275. You will have 24 hours to move your vehicle or have it towed.
- Once you have found a place to park, the easiest way to move from class to class is to walk.
- If you have a question about parking, don't ask your hall advisor, your friend, or your mom who attended EWU in the 80's, ask Parking Services. We are not responsible for any misinformation that does not come from us.
If you do receive a ticket, you must choose only one of the following options. It is your responsibility to respond to Parking Services by mail or in person.
- You may choose to pay the monetary penalty as per the monetary schedule. Monetary penalties may be paid at Parking Services either by using the drop box available 24 hrs or in person located at 131 Tawanka Hall, between 8 am and 4:45 pm Monday through Friday. Payment may also be taken over the phone using Visa or MasterCard. Monetary penalties paid within 14 calendar days following the issuance of the infraction will be in compliance with the 14-day rule and not accessed a late fee (RCW 28B.10.560).
- You may choose a hearing (EWU APPEAL) to explain the circumstances. This must be done within twenty (20) calendar days of the issuance of the infraction (WAC 172—116-315).
Please select the appropriate parking appeal form below. The forms are in a fillable/saveable PDF format for your convenience. Your appeal must be submitted within 20 calendar days of the violation.
Please fill out completely and send to:
Eastern Washington University
131 Tawanka Hall
Cheney WA, 99004
You can also fax the completed form to (509)359-6428
|Violation Code ||Violation Description ||Fine Amount ||Late Fee (on 14th Day) |
|1 ||No Permit ||$20 ||$10 |
|2 ||No Valid Permit ||$10 ||$10 |
|3 ||No Parking Area ||$10 ||$10 |
|4 ||Parked at Expired Meter ||$10 ||$10 |
|5 ||Parked at Yellow Curb ||$10 ||$10 |
|6 ||Parking in Wrong Lot ||$10 ||$10 |
|7 ||Parking in Driveway ||$10 ||$10 |
|8 ||Parking in Loading Zone ||$10 ||$10 |
|9 ||Failure to Properly Display Permit ||$10 ||$10 |
|10 ||Parking on Lawn ||$10 ||$10 |
|11 ||Parked over Yellow Line ||$10 ||$10 |
|12 ||Car in Motorcycle Space ||$20 ||$10 |
|13 ||Parked in Safety Zone ||$20 ||$10 |
|14 ||Parked in Disability Zone ||$250 ||$0 |
|15 ||Parked in Reserved Zone ||$20 ||$10 |
|16 ||Parked in Service Drive ||$20 ||$10 |
|17 ||Parked in Bus Zone ||$20 ||$10 |
|18 ||Parked within 15' of Fire Hydrant ||$20 ||$10 |
|19 ||Altering Permit ||$100 ||$0 |
|20 ||Immobilization ||$15 ||$0 |
|21 ||Carpool Misuse ||$50 ||$0 |
|22 ||Misuse of Permit ||$100 ||$0 |
|23 ||Parking on Sidewalk ||$10 ||$10 |
|24 ||Special Traffic Regulations ||$10 ||$10 |
|26 ||Motorcycle in Car Space ||$10 ||$10 |